Hair Products in Hell...

Ok, so that's probably dramatic, but it's hell LIKE here some days and I need to talk about a hair product today.  I'm going to get that shit out of the way first, because frankly, it's cool hair stuff and because I don't want to forget to do it.  Uberliss.  Weird name, great product.  They sent me some samples of shampoo and conditioner, but the bigger deal here was the Uberliss Straight Effect Rituoil Orchid and Argan oil complex.  It is AH-MAZING! It really is.  I believe it's designed for curly haired folks to use to straighten with heat but I have extremely straight hair as it is, so for me it just made my hair smell great and feel like cornsilk.  I LOVED using it the first time, and realized that even though the shampoo and conditioner were one use only samples, the oil is going to last quite a while.  You only need about a dime size amount to cover my hair and it's down to my waist so it will last me probably a good 3 months and that's if I share it.  How cool is that?  It is rather expensive to purchase, but still, if it lasts that long it's totally worth it right? The Rituoil is $20 for a 2 ounce bottle and here's a link to their site to check it out. I don't get a kickback or anything if you buy from their site so if you find a better deal somewhere else, have at that, cuz it's great but I don't spend $20 on hair shit often.  So my take on Uberliss?  Love it, would use it ALL.THE.TIME. if I could afford it, and will use the Rituoil often until I run out and then hopefully find another product like it to review :)

Moving on to the hell part.  This past weekend I had to call Poison Control for the first time in my parenting career.  Memphis swiped a bottle of tea tree oil off the bathroom counter while we were running his bath and got the lid off and tried to take a sip.  I'm honestly not sure how much if any he really had in his mouth, he looked like he might have had some in there, but I caught him in the act and he quickly gave me back the open bottle that appeared to be missing very little.  He does this thing were he keeps things in his mouth and spits them at you and I tried to get him to do that, but he panicked and whatever was in his mouth he swallowed, so then I panicked too.  R was right there, and all I could think to do was make him vomit it up the good old fashioned way so we swept his mouth and my good in a crisis husband got him to vomit up his stomach contents all over the hallway.  I wish we'd had the presence of mind to move it to the bathroom tile, but well, hindsight is 20/20 right?  So while we were making the kid barf, Mik, my 19 year old daughter was getting the number for poison control and the phone, and we're calling as we're stripping him and I down since we are now both covered in his puke and get ready to clean ourselves up while R deals with the poison control call.  It's times like that that I remember that he's not an idiot, he can handle his shit really well, and in a pinch, he knows exactly how to act like a grown damn man (it's just the day to day that gets him all fucked up) we get the instructions to watch for and the longer it is since the "accidental ingestion" the more we realize he must not have gotten much in him if any, because he's acting totally normal.  Tea tree oil should make a kid his size really drowsy and lethargic and he was up running frantically around like he always is.  Part of the instructions were that we were to watch for an hour and they were going to call us back to check symptoms at that hour mark.  They did, and when we told them he was up running around eating an otter pop, the guy laughed and said we had a tough kid, and R said "you have no idea" and laughed with him in relief for a few minutes before we got ready for bed. By the way, the number in the US for poison control is 1-800-222-1222.

And that was what we did, but this weird thing has been happening where he wakes up at about 3:15 every morning and starts talking to someone.  Someone we can't see, the dogs don't react to, but he points to the person and tells me someone is there.  I don't know if it's one of our resident ghosts or if it's a dream state he's in or what, but he's been doing it for 3 nights running now.  Today he didn't take a nap, and he's already out cold before 10 so hopefully, he'll sleep all night for me!

I've also been a busy little bee lately (for me).  Just tonight I made some banana bread from scratch, and I realized that for that kind of thing, I don't even need a recipe, I really can just eyeball it and it comes out amazing.  Someone ate all my walnut halves so it was missing that, but short of that, it was so good I almost wish we had more bananas going bad.  I made spankopita the other night, and that was a hit.  Been cooking a bunch really, I also made Alfredo sauce from scratch tonight, for the tortellini that my son had been craving.  So yeah, I can cook some amazing stuff...I'd forgotten that.  I need to unforget and get back in a kitchen so I can keep myself a little more busy.

I also have an update on my mastitis issue (sort of).  It really is more in depth than I'm going to post right now, because it really is a blog in itself and it deserves to be the focus, but I wanted to give a short update none the less.  I am doing much better now.  I did end up with thrush from the antibiotics of course, so I was on diflucan after the antibiotics were over.  The baby did not get thrush thank god.  It did take quite a long time for the duct to stop being sore, but it's mainly because of which duct it was, the tissue there is sensitive, it's been through a lot and been battered and bruised since I began having ICD's put in.  My primary care doctor visit was interesting at best.  He let me in on a "secret" of his own that he himself had been breastfed to the age of 3 so saw nothing wrong with me continuing to nurse Phiz as long as my meds caused him no ill effects and they really truly don't.  Anyone that knows him knows that, as does his doctor.  The medication that I take is mostly life saving for me and the benefits outweigh the risks.  I'm not his primary source of nutrition either.  So there's that too.  Yeah, I'm still touchy about it, and I'm sure I will be for a while, but I just can't help it, this is a big deal in my life.  I'm going to leave you with some links about extended breastfeeding as well today :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Time Ago In A Land Far Away...

I Don't Know Who You Are, I Don't Know What You Want, But I Have a Very Particular Set of Skills...

Tik Tok Goes The Clock...